Monday 22 April 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Jay Smith and Henri Bartoli.
Let's Get a Divorce, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1918 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- William Jay Smith: American poet.
- Henri Bartoli: French economist, professor emeritus at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, and specialist in the history of economic thought.
- Bruno Mussolini: Italian noted family, the son of Benito and Rachele Mussolini.
- William Smith: American poet.
- Mickey Vernon: American baseball player and coach (d. 2008).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'd Like to Be a Monkey in the Zoo - Frances White
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Henry Burr
- Are You from Heaven? - Henry Burr
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?