Wednesday 17 April 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Holden and Anne Shirley United Kingdom.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1918 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- William Holden: American actor (Born 1918).
- Spike Milligan: Comedian.
- Anne Shirley United Kingdom: actress (Devil and Daniel Webster, Stella Dallas).
- William Holden [Franklin Beedle Jr] O'Fallon Illinois actor (Stalag 17: Bridge Over the River Kwai, SOB).
- William Holden: American actor and Academy Award winner, well known from the time of his debut film, "Golden Boy," in 1939.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Henry Burr
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- Are You from Heaven? - Henry Burr
- I'd Like to Be a Monkey in the Zoo - Frances White