Wednesday 17 April 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Holden and Anne Shirley United Kingdom.
The Trap, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1918 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- William Holden: American actor (Born 1918).
- Anne Shirley United Kingdom: actress (Devil and Daniel Webster, Stella Dallas).
- William Holden [Franklin Beedle Jr] O'Fallon Illinois actor (Stalag 17: Bridge Over the River Kwai, SOB).
- William Holden: American actor and Academy Award winner, well known from the time of his debut film, "Golden Boy," in 1939.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hello, My Dearie - Prince's Orchestra
- Indianola - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?