Monday 25 March 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 25, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Krafft and Daniel Bensaïd.
Murder in the Music Hall, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1946 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Maurice Krafft: French scientist, a specialist in the study of volcanoes.
- Daniel Bensaïd: French philosopher and a leader of the Trotskyist movement.
- Daniel Bensaid: French philosopher (d. 2010).
- Gerard John Schaefer: American serial killer (d. 1995).
- Bonnie Bedelia [Culkin] in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Die Hard, Heart Like a Wheel, New Land).
- Stephen Hunter: American author and critic.
- Gerard Schaefer: American serial killer (d. 1995).
- Cliff Balsom: English footballer.
- Cliff Balsam: English footballer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - Prisoner of Love
- Seems Like Old Times - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- I'm A Big Girl Now - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra