Monday 29 April 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franc Roddam and John Waters in Baltimore.
A Night in Casablanca, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Hour Glass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1946 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Franc Roddam: Director (K2, Bride, Aria, Quadrophenia).
- John Waters in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; director (Hairspray).
- 28 former Japanese leaders indicted in Tokyo as war criminals.
- The International Military Tribunal for the Far East convenes and indicts former Prime Minister of Japan Hideki Tojo and 28 former Japanese leaders for war crimes.
- Father Divine, a controversial religious leader who claims to be God, marries the much-younger Edna Rose Ritchings, a celebrated anniversary in the International Peace Mission movement.
- Trial against war criminals begin in Tokyo the accused include Hideki Tōjō, Shigenori Tōgō and Hiroshi Ōshima.