Tuesday 16 April 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margot Adler and Catherine Allégret.
Make Mine Music, directed by Bob Cormack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1946 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Margot Adler: American leader in the Goddess and Pagan Spirituality Movement.
- Catherine Allégret: French actress, daughter of Simone Signoret and Yves Allegret; adopted by her mom's second husband, Yves Montand.
- Greet Fransen: Flemish astrologer who founded the flemish astrology school VZW Uranus on june 17th, 1989 together with Bea Celis, Lea Van Bulck and then-husband Raymond Daelman.
- Ernst Bakker: Dutch politician (d. 2014).
- Johnnie Lewis: Liberian lawyer and politician 18th Chief Justice of Liberia (d. 2015).
- R Nakai: American flute player
- Arthur Chevrolet: Swiss-born race car driver and automobile designer (Born 1884).
- 1st US launch of captured V-2 rocket, White Sands, NM; 8 km alt
- First US launch of captured German V-2 rocket, White Sands New Mexico; 8 km altitude.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?