Tuesday 23 April 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blair Brown and Nicholas Stern.
The Dark Corner, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Hour Glass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1946 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Blair Brown
- Paul Davies: Writer.
- Nicholas Stern: Economist.
- John Waters: Director.
- Richard Mottram: English civil servant.
- Jesus Castillo: Composer, dies at 68.
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Ed Head no-hits Boston Braves, 5-0.
- The Eastern Pennsylvania Basketball League (Which is now the CBA) is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sioux City Sue - Kate Smith
- In the Moon Mist - Pied Pipers
- Dinah Shore - The Gypsy