Friday 19 April 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Curry and Hayley Mills.
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Der Augenzeuge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1946 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Tim Curry: British actor, composer and singer best known for his role as Dr. Frank N. Furter in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," 1975, maintaining its status as a wildly popular cult favorite clear into the next century.
- Hayley Mills: Actress.
- Viktor Viktorovich Zabolotsky: Russia -- Cosmonaut (BST-02).
- Leon Wessels: South Africa lawyer/underminister of Law and Order.
- Mary Jo Slater: American casting director.
- Mike Murdock: Clergyman.
- Duygu Asena: Turkish journalist author and activist (d. 2006).
- Euphrosyne Doxiadis: Greek-French painter and author.
- Mary Slater: American casting director and producer.
- Xavier Langlade: French political activist, leader of the Revolutionary Communist League who died in Cuba on 15 January 2007.
- Yankees switch from 3rd base to 1st base dug out
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Merry Macs
- Laughing On The Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Dinah Shore
- Cement Mixer (Put-ti Put-ti) - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra