Sunday 14 April 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Monteleone and Patrick Fairley.
Make Mine Music, directed by Bob Cormack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1946 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Tom Monteleone: US writer (Dark Star & Illumination).
- Patrick Fairley: guitarist (Marmalade - "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da").
- Jacques Perrot: French attorney and homicide victim.
- Mireille Guiliano: French-American author.
- Michael Sarris: Cypriot economist and politician Cypriot Minister of Finance.
- Knut Kristiansen: Norwegian pianist and orchestra leader
- Day Before Spring closes at National Theater NYC after 167 performances
- Manager Mel Ott of New York Giants hits 511th and final homerun.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?