Monday 10 August 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betsy Johnson and Bonnie Beeferman.
Bambi, directed by James Algar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Betsy Johnson: fashion designer (1971 Winnie Award).
- Bonnie Beeferman: American teacher of languages and English.
- Betsey Johnson: American fashion designer best known for her feminine and whimsical designs.
- Michael Pepper: English physicist and engineer.
- Gen B Montgomery becomes Commandant British 8th leader in N Africa
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?