Tuesday 4 August 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don S Davis and Gunter Thielen.
Wake Island, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1942 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Don S Davis: American actor and artist (Born 1942).
- Gunter Thielen
- Peter Desberg: Hungarian-American psychologist and teacher at Cal-State Dominguez Hills; a musician, humorist, songwriter, and co-author with Betsy Rodden of "No Good Dogs" in 1982.
- Annette Roux: French businesswoman, an executive in the Beneteau family business, a sail and motor boat manufacturing company with production facilities in France and the United States.
- Don Davis: American actor and painter (d. 2008).
- Cleon Jones: American baseball player.
- David Lange: New Zealand lawyer and politician 32nd Prime Minister of New Zealand (d. 2005).
- David Russell: Lange; Prime Minister (Liberal) of New Zealand (1984-).
- Alberto Franchetti: Italian-American composer and educator (d. 1942).
- 1st train with Jews departs Mechelen Belgium to Auschwitz
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Cairo
- Colonel-General Jeremenko arrives in Stalingrad / welcomed by Nikita Khrushchev
- German occupier orders all Dutch homing pigeons killed
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?