Tuesday 4 August 1942US date format: 8/4/1942, UK date format: 4/8/1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 4, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Don S Davis and Gunter Thielen.
The Talk of the Town, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1942 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Don S Davis: American actor and artist (Born 1942).
- Gunter Thielen
- Annette Roux: French businesswoman, an executive in...
- Don Davis: American actor and painter (d. 2008).
- David Russell: Lange; Prime Minister (Liberal) of New...
- David Lange: New Zealand lawyer and politician 32nd...
- Cleon Jones: American baseball player.
- Peter Desberg: Hungarian-American psychologist and...
- Alberto Franchetti: Italian-American composer and educator...
- 1st train with Jews departs Mechelen Belgium to Auschwitz
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Cairo
- Colonel-General Jeremenko arrives in Stalingrad / welcomed by Nikita Khrushchev
- German occupier orders all Dutch homing pigeons killed