Friday 7 August 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Monzón and Garrison Keillor.
Bambi, directed by James Algar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1942 ?
- Carlos Monzón: Argentinian boxer and actor (d. 1995).
- Garrison Keillor: American broadcaster, talk show host and author.
- Caetano Veloso: Brazilian composer, singer, guitarist, writer, and political activist.
- Billy Joe Thomas
- Jacques Masdeu-Arus
- Billy Thomas: American singer of a mellow style which is suited to either formal or casual material.
- Tobin Bell: American actor.
- Richard Sykes: British ambassador, assassinated in Holland.
- B Thomas: American singer and actor.
- Anjanette Comer in Dawson: Texas, USA; actress (Baby, Lepke).
- Masa Saito: Wrestler (AWA / WWF / NJPW / CWFI).
- BJ Thomas: American singer.
- Carlos Monzon: Argentinean boxer who became the world champion on 11/07/1970 and held the title for seven years.
- Richard Gott: British General / Commandant of 8th Army, dies in battle at 43.
- Resistance bombs Rotterdam railway
- Transport 16 departs with French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- World War II: the Battle of Guadalcanal begins : United States Marines initiate the first American offensive of the war with landings on Guadalcanal and Tulagi in the Solomon Islands.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?