Friday 25 December 1942, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Durr and Vera Komarkova.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1942 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Françoise Durr
- Vera Komarkova: Russian adventurer.
- Francoise Durr
- Barry Goldberg: Pianist.
- Mani Kaul: Director (Idiot, Nazar, Dhrupad, Duvidha).
- Enrique Morente: Spanish singer-songwriter (d. 2010).
- Barbara Follett: Jamaican-English politician.
- Françoise Dürr: French tennis player, best known for having won the singles title at the French championships, 1967 Roland-Garros (33 years before Mary Pierce).
- Vojislav Vuckovic: Composer, dies at 32.
- Admiral Dalans murderer of Bosinier de la Chapelle, sentenced to death
- British Col S W Bailey reaches Mihailovics headquarter
- Russian artillery / tank battle on German armies at Stalingrad