Saturday 25 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angel Nieto and Tostao.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1947 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Angel Nieto: Spanish motorcycle racer.
- Tostao: Brazilian footballer.
- Marjorie Scardino: American administrator and CEO of Pearson PLC, a British publishing company.
- Robert Zoller: American astrologer and author on Arabic parts.
- Tostão : Brazilian footballer journalist and physician.
- Ángel Nieto: Spanish motorcycle racer
- Al Capone: Italian-American gangster who, as the czar of organized crime, was known as Chicago's public enemy number one.
- Al Capone, Chicago gangster, dies of syphilis at age 48.
- A Philippine plane crashes in Hong Kong, with $5 million worth of gold and money.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Jack McVea & His All-Stars - Open The Door, Richard!
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?