Wednesday 25 December 1946, Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Csonka NFL running back (Miami Dolphins and Jimmy Buffett in Mobile.
Angels and Demons, directed by Antnio Lopes Ribeiro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Know Your New York.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1946 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Larry Csonka NFL running back (Miami Dolphins: New York Giants).
- Jimmy Buffett in Mobile: Alabama, USA; singer/songwriter ("Margaritaville", "Volcano").
- Larry Csonka: American football player, a big and brawny 6' 2", 237 pound fullback with the Dolphins from 1968-1974.
- Jimmy Buffett: American musician whose debut album, "Down to Earth" reportedly sold only 324 copies in 1970.
- Raymond Merriman: American professional astrologer since 1968, a publisher, author and commodities specialist.
- Lawrence Csonka: Stow sports Champions
- Christopher Frayling: English author and academic
- Gene Lamont: American baseball player and manager
- Stuart Wilson: Actor (Lethal Weapon 3), dies at 87
- Constitution accepted in Taiwan.
- William Claude Dunkenfield (W.C. Fields), American writer/comedian/actor (The Bank Dick, It's A Gift), dies from pneumonia at age 67.
- The first in Europe artificial, self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction is initiated within Soviet nuclear reactor F-1.
- The Flamingo Hotel opens on the Las Vegas Strip.
- David Lean's ''Great Expectations'', based on the Charles Dickens novel, and featuring John Mills, Valerie Hobson, Martita Hunt, Alec Guinness, Francis L. Sullivan, Jean Simmons, and Finlay Currie, is released to great acclaim in the UK.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 December 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?