Wednesday 25 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 25, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zelmo Beaty and Arlene Howell.
Drums Along the Mohawk, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1939 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Zelmo Beaty: American basketball player and coach (d. 2013).
- Arlene Howell: American Beauty title holder of the Miss USA contest of 1958 she is also known as Eurlyne Howell.
- Don Stewart: American Pentecostal minister and purported faith healer.
- F. Murray Abraham: Actor.
- Nikos Nikolaidis: Greek director producer and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Robin Spry: Canadian director producer and screenwriter (d. 2005).
- Fred Marcellino: American author and illustrator (d. 2001).
- Cornelis JK van Aalst: President Dutch Business Society, dies at 73.
- Nylon stockings go on sale in US for 1st time
- ''The Time of Your Life'', a drama by William Saroyan, debuts in New York City.