Thursday 26 January 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norbert Schultze and Polykarp Kusch.
The Borrowed Flat, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1911 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Norbert Schultze: German composer and songwriter (Born 1911).
- Polykarp Kusch: German author, teacher and physicist, winner of the Nobel Prize in 1955 for his determination of the magnetic movement of the electron.
- Pierre Louis: France sport Champion.
- Charles Wentworth Dilke English undersecretary of State: dies at age 67.
- Richard Strauss' opera Der Rosenkavalier receives its debut performance at the Dresden State Opera.
- Glenn Curtiss pilots first successful hydroplane, San Diego California.
- Glenn H. Curtiss flies the first successful American seaplane.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Honeymoon Glide - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Nora Malone - Blanche Ring