Wednesday 26 May 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miles Davis and J Marvin Spiegelman.
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 May 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1926 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Miles Davis: American musician, jazz composer, bandleader and recording artist, one of the most consistent trendsetters in jazz history.
- J Marvin Spiegelman
- Maria de Lourdes Martins: Composer.
- Miles D Davis in Alton: Illinois, USA; jazz trumpeter/pioneered cool jazz ("Porgy and Bess").
- Phyllis Gotlieb: Canadian author.
- J Spiegelman: American Jungian psychologist and analyst, the author of many books, including "Psychotherapy as a Mutual Process," "Jungian Analysts: Their Vision and Vulnerabilities," "Modern Jew in Search of a Soul," and "Reich, Jung, Regardie & Me: The Unhealed Healer.
- S V Petlura: Ukrainain ataman, assassinated by Shalom Schwarzbard.
- Lebanon adopts constitution.
- The Rifkabyl rebels surrender in Morocco.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors