Wednesday 26 May 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 26, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miles Davis and J Marvin Spiegelman.
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 May 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1926 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Miles Davis: American musician, jazz composer, bandleader and recording artist, one of the most consistent trendsetters in jazz history.
- J Marvin Spiegelman
- Maria de Lourdes Martins: Composer.
- Miles D Davis in Alton: Illinois, USA; jazz trumpeter/pioneered cool jazz ("Porgy and Bess").
- Phyllis Gotlieb: Canadian author.
- J Spiegelman: American Jungian psychologist and analyst, the author of many books, including "Psychotherapy as a Mutual Process," "Jungian Analysts: Their Vision and Vulnerabilities," "Modern Jew in Search of a Soul," and "Reich, Jung, Regardie & Me: The Unhealed Healer.
- S V Petlura: Ukrainain ataman, assassinated by Shalom Schwarzbard.
- Lebanon adopts constitution.
- The Rifkabyl rebels surrender in Morocco.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors