Thursday 27 May 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 27, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bud Shank and Wenche Lowzow.
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 May 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1926 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Bud Shank: American jazz musician, he played saxophone and flute with the likes of Charlie Barnet, Stan Getz, Stan Kenton and symphonic orchestras.
- Miles Davis: Musician.
- Wenche Lowzow: Norwegian teacher and politician of the Conservative Party.
- Kees Rijvers: Dutch soccer/football player and team manager.
- Cornelis Rijvers: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Srecko Kosovel: Slovenian poet (Born 1904).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors