Thursday 27 May 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bud Shank and Wenche Lowzow.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1926 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Bud Shank: American jazz musician, he played saxophone and flute with the likes of Charlie Barnet, Stan Getz, Stan Kenton and symphonic orchestras.
- Wenche Lowzow: Norwegian teacher and politician of the Conservative Party.
- Kees Rijvers: Dutch soccer/football player and team manager.
- Cornelis Rijvers: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Srecko Kosovel: Slovenian poet (Born 1904).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Rio Rita - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- Always - Henry Burr
- Drifting and Dreaming (Sweet Paradise) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Kentucky's Way Of Sayin' Good Morning - Brox Sisters
- Here in My Arms - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- After I Say I'm Sorry - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Always - Nick Lucas
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?