Thursday 6 May 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include [Martin] Ross Hunter in Cleveland and Marguerite Piazza in New Orleans.
She, directed by Leander De Cordova, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1926 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- [Martin] Ross Hunter in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; actor (Ever Since Paris).
- Marguerite Piazza in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; operatic soprano (Young Broadway).
- John Hamilton-Jones CEO (Richmond Enterprises): British Major-General.
- Gilles Gregoire: Quebec politician, co-founder of the Parti Quebecois (d. 2006).
- Gilles Grégoire: Canadian politician co-founded the Parti Québécois (d. 2006).
- Marguerite Piazza: American soprano and actress (d. 2012)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Certain Feeling - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Love My Baby - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Only a Rose - Carolyn Thompson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?