Sunday 30 May 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Jorgensen and James Whitman McLamore.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1926 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Christine Jorgensen: American transsexual who said "nature made a mistake.
- James Whitman McLamore: Businessman.
- Edouard Van Remoortel in Brussels: Belgium; conductor (1958-62 Saint Louis Symphony).
- Johnny Gimble: American country musician associated with Western swing.
- George Kennedy: American executive and CEO of Imcers Group, a minerals, chemicals and animal health care company.
- Vladimir Steklov: Russian mathematician and physicist (d. 1926).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?