Monday 31 May 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Viscount Ingleby and Derek Birley.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1926 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Viscount Ingleby
- Derek Birley: British Vice-Chancellor (Ulster University).
- Jacques Lombard: French anthropologist ('Institut de recherche pour le développement,' formerly Orstom) and filmmaker specializing in the study of Madagascar and the Lobi culture in Burkina Faso.
- Sesquicentennial Exposition opens in Philadelphia
- Portuguese President Bernardino Machedo resigns after coup.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?