Thursday 20 May 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vic Ames and Lya Bosi.
It's the Old Army Game, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1926 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Vic Ames: Rocker (Ames Brothers).
- Lya Bosi: Italian painter who translated planetary combinations into images.
- Elwin Larson: American chemical engineer and CEO in charge of Brooklyn Union Gas, a natural gas supplier used in transportation vehicles.
- George Hurst: Scottish-English conductor (d. 2012).
- John Lucarotti: British-born Canadian screenwriter (Born 1926).
- Bob Sweikert: American race car driver (d. 1956)
- Congress passes Air Commerce Act, licensing of pilots and planes
- Railway Labor Act became law.
- Belgian Government of Henri Jaspar takes power.
- Thomas Edison says Americans prefer silent movies over talkies.
- US Congress passes Air Commerce Act, licensing of pilots and planes.
- The United States Congress passes the Air Commerce Act, licensing pilots and planes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Love My Baby (My Baby Loves Me) - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?