Monday 24 May 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Baxter and William Haddon.
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1926 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Stanley Baxter: Scottish actor and comedian.
- William Haddon: American physician, government official, road safety specialist.
- Joe Slovo: Politician.
- Roland Lobligeois: French jazz bassist.
- Roger Nordmann: Strasbourg physician.
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 3000 metres (8:25.4).
- A US law forbids use of "United States", "Federal", or "Reserve" in the name of a bank. Existing banks using these names are allowed to keep their names.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors