Thursday 26 August 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brant Parker and Prem Tinsulanonda.
The Saphead, directed by Herbert Blach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1920 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Brant Parker: American illustrator (d. 2007).
- Prem Tinsulanonda: Thai general and politician 16th Prime Minister of Thailand.
- Percy Fender (Surrey vs. Northants) scores 100 in 35 minutes
- The 19th amendment to United States Constitution takes effect, giving women the right to vote.
- The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is passed, guaranteeing women's suffrage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?