Thursday 26 August 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brant Parker and Prem Tinsulanonda.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1920 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Brant Parker: American illustrator (d. 2007).
- Prem Tinsulanonda: Thai general and politician 16th Prime Minister of Thailand.
- Percy Fender (Surrey vs. Northants) scores 100 in 35 minutes
- The 19th amendment to United States Constitution takes effect, giving women the right to vote.
- The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is passed, guaranteeing women's suffrage.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris