Thursday 7 November 1929US date format: 11/7/1929, UK date format: 7/11/1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 7, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raoul Reheme Abdul and Jean-Paul Durieux.
The Show of Shows, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1929 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Raoul Reheme Abdul
- Jean-Paul Durieux
- Jesus de Polanco: Spanish businessman and media tycoon (d. 2007).
- Raoul Abdul: American singer with a special interest in German lieder.
- June Squibb: Actress.
- Eric Kandel: Austrian-American neuroscientist and psychiatrist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Lila Kaye: English actress and singer (d. 2012).
- Jesús de Polanco: Spanish publisher and businessman (d. 2007).
- Ruggero Mastroianni: Film editor.
- Museum of Modern Art opens (NYC)
- In New York City, the Museum of Modern Art opens to the public.