Thursday 27 December 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Manfred Heidmann and Bruno Bobak.
Home Again, directed by Hallie Meyers-Shyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1923 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Manfred Heidmann: German stage/film actor, pop singer.
- Bruno Bobak: Polish-Canadian painter and educator (d. 2012).
- Gustave Eiffel: French engineer and designer, known for such magnificent constructions as the Bridge at Bordeaux, 1858, the Viaducts and Bridge at Sioule Neuvial, 1868, the Viaduct Garabit, 1882, and culminating his genius, the Eiffel Tower, 1887-89.
- Unsuccessful assassination attempt on prince-regent Hirohito of Japan.
- Namba Daisuke, a Japanese student, tries to assassinate the Prince Regent Hirohito.
- The crown prince of Japan survives an assassination attempt in Tokyo.