Thursday 27 December 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Levant and Ivan Brkanovic.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1906 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Oscar Levant: American composer, author, entertainer, pianist, film actor and radio and TV personality.
- Ivan Mark: Waller mountaineer.
- Ivan Brkanovic: composer.
- Antoon Struycken: Dutch politician, minister of justice.
- Ant Struycken: Netherlands Military man.
- 1st annual meeting of American Sociological Society, Providence, Rhode Island
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Moon Has His Eyes on You - Ada Jones
- Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game - Len Spencer & Ada Jones