Thursday December 27, 1906
US date format: 12/27/1906, UK date format: 27/12/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 27, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Levant and Ivan Brkanovic.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 27, 1906?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 27, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game
- Ada Jones - The Moon Has His Eyes on You
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me?