Tuesday 31 October 1939, Halloween
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 31, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Mouïsse and Ron Rifkin.
Ninotchka, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1939 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Michel Mouïsse: French Catholic bishop, who was ordained on 18 December 1966 in the Diocese of Albi.
- Ron Rifkin: American actor.
- Yves Got
- Tom O'Connor: English actor and game show host.
- Otis Williams: Musician.
- Ali Touré: Malian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2006).
- Grace Slick: Musician.
- Ali Farka Toure: Malian musician (d. 2006).
- 27 U-boats sunk this month (135,000 ton)