Monday 27 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Ferris and John Pleshette in New York City.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Windswept Mary by Ellen Chase was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1942 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Barbara Ferris: London, England -- Actress (Nice Girl Like Me).
- John Pleshette in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Richard - Knots Landing, 7th Avenue).
- Robert Arthur Thornbury Campbell: Journalist / musician.
- Edith Butler: Canadian singer and songwriter.
- Mystic Meg: British commercial astrologer and professional mystic.
- Ernest Ross: Scottish politician, a Labour M.P. returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- R Ralston: Bakersfield sports Champions
- Elie Cester:
- Édith Butler: Canadian singer-songwriter
- John Pleshette: American actor director and screenwriter
- Dennis Ralston: American tennis player
- William Matthew Finders Petrie: Egyptologist.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?