Monday 6 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Depardon and Gwen Mitchell.
Crossroads, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1942 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Raymond Depardon
- Gwen Mitchell
- Alain Lefèvre: French athlete, a long jumper whose personal best was 7.83m (1964).
- Gwenn Mitchell: American actress who began acting in 1968 and was on an ABC soap in 1969 and an ABC series in 1970.
- 10th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 3-1 at Polo Grounds, New York
- Anne Frank and her family go into hiding in the ''Secret Annexe'' above her father's office in an Amsterdam warehouse.