Monday 6 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Lefèvre and Gwenn Mitchell.
The Magnificent Ambersons, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Windswept Mary by Ellen Chase was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1942 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Alain Lefèvre: French athlete, a long jumper whose personal best was 7.83m (1964).
- Gwenn Mitchell: American actress who began acting in 1968 and was on an ABC soap in 1969 and an ABC series in 1970.
- 10th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 3-1 at Polo Grounds, New York
- Anne Frank and her family go into hiding in the ''Secret Annexe'' above her father's office in an Amsterdam warehouse.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?