Sunday 5 July 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 5, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Cunningham and Alain Pompidou.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1942 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Donna Cunningham: American astrologer, and author of several books and e-books, she is an international lecturer and has contributed columns to The Mountain Astrologer, Dell Horoscope and other magazines.
- Alain Pompidou
- Eliot Feld: American ballet dancer and choreographer.
- Tom O'Hara (athlete)
- Ada J Bas-Jansen: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Hannes Löhr: German footballer coach and manager.
- Johannes Lohr: German football player and coach.
- Tom O'Hara: Chicago sports Champions.
- Matthias Bamert: Swiss composer and conductor.
- Ian Fleming graduates from a training school for spies in Canada