Monday 13 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 13, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harrison Ford and Roger McGuinn.
Holiday Inn, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1942 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Harrison Ford: American actor, one of Hollywood’s hottest male stars since 1983 for his role as Han Solo in the trilogy, "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back," and "Return of the Jedi" made at three year intervals starting in 1977.
- Roger McGuinn: American guitarist and vocalist who toured two years with the "Chad Mitchell Trio" and a year with Bobby Darin before founding "The Byrds" in 1965.
- Rod Chandler: (Rep-R-Washington, 1983- ).
- Jay Uzzell: Rocker (Corsairs).
- Stephen Bladd: American musician, a drummer and vocalist, member of J. Geils band from 1967 until the group split in 1985.
- 5,000 Jews of Rovno Polish Ukraine, executed by Nazis
- German occupiers imprison 800 prominent Dutch as hostages
- SS shoots 1,500 Jews in Josefov Poland