Friday 31 July 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Douglas-Hamilton .
Holiday Inn, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Windswept Mary by Ellen Chase was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1942 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- James Douglas-Hamilton: British peerage, a Lord, a Member of Parliament with the Conservative Party, Edinburgh West.
- Francis E Younghusband: British journalist / explorer, dies at 79.
- German SS gases 1,000 Jews in Minsk, Belorussia
- U-boats sank 96 allied ships this month: 476,000 ton
- The Oxford Committee for Famine Relief (OXFAM) is founded.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?