Monday 20 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Apollo 11: the first step on the Moon and Yves Mourousi.
Holiday Inn, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1942 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Yves Mourousi: French television and radio news presenter and journalist.
- Apollo 11: the first step on the Moon
- T G Sheppard [William Browder]: Humbolt, Tennessee -- Singer (Devil in Bottle).
- Ron Bowden: Australian politician.
- T G Sheppard: American country music singer.
- Pete Hamilton: American race car driver.
- Patric Cobb: British sea officer, dies in battle.
- Barbados dismiss Trinidad for 16 in 69 minutes, Derek Sealy 8-8
- Legion of Merit Medal authorized by Congress
- Time puts Russian Composer Dmitri Shostakovitch on its cover
- World War II: The first unit of the Women's Army Corps begins training in Des Moines, Iowa.