Saturday 27 June 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 27, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jérôme Savary and Bruce Johnston (musician).
Jackass Mail, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1942 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Jérôme Savary: Argentinian-French actor and theater director, born to an American mother, daughter of the governor of New-York.
- Bruce Johnston (musician)
- Frank Mills: Pianist / composer / arranger (Music Box Dancer).
- John Howard McGuire: Composer.
- Bruce Johnston: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Beach Boys and Bruce & Terry).
- Danny Schechter: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2015).
- PQ-17 convoy leaves Iceland for Archangelsk
- FBI captures eight German saboteurs from a submarine off New York's Long Island.