Wednesday 1 July 1942US date format: 7/1/1942, UK date format: 1/7/1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 1, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geneviève Bujold and Ezzat Ibrahim al-Duri.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1942 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Geneviève Bujold: Canadian actress.
- Ezzat Ibrahim al-Duri
- Genevieve Bujold: Canadian actress.
- Andrae Crouch: American singer.
- Mike Malloy: American talk radio host.
- Robert Ballard: Scientist.
- Andraé Crouch: American singer-songwriter producer and...
- Julia Higgins: English chemist and academic.
- Izzat al-Douri: Iraqi field marshal and politician (d....
- William Carney: (Rep-R-New York, 1979-86).
- Peadar Mac Fhionnlaoich: Irish language writer (Born 1857).
- German troops conquer Sebastopol
- World War II: first Battle of El Alamein.
- The Australian Federal Government becomes the sole collector of Income Tax in Australia as the State Income Tax is abolished.
- July 27 ampndash WWII: The First Battle of El Alamein.