Tuesday 28 July 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 28, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erik van Slooten and Philippe Chaulet.
Wake Island, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1942 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Erik van Slooten
- Philippe Chaulet
- Erik Slooten: Dutch-German linguist, art historian, philosopher and teacher for Dutch and philosophy in Munich as well as a second-generation professional astrologer, the son of an astrologer.
- Marty Brennaman: American sportscaster.
- Tonia Marketaki: Greek film director and screenwriter (Born 1942).
- William Matthew Flinders Petrie: English Egyptologist (Born 1853).
- Nazis liquidate 10,000 Jews in Minsk Belorussia Ghetto
- Zionists partisans ZOB forms in Poland
- World War II: Soviet leader Joseph Stalin issues Order No. 227 in response to alarming German advances into the Soviet Union. Under the order all those who retreat or otherwise leave their positions without orders to do so are to be immediately executed.