Saturday 28 July 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gottlob Frick and André Jubelin.
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 July 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1906!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1906 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Gottlob Frick: Singer.
- André Jubelin: French naval aviator who served with distinction in the French navy and the Fleet Air Arm during World War II.
- Andr? Jubelin: Toulon Military man.
- Robert Meynier: Noyon Military man.
- Yankees turn triple-play, beat Cleveland 6-4
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1906 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- You Look Awful Good to Father - Billy Murray
- The Parson and the Turkey - Arthur Collins
- The Rosary - Alan Turner
- La Boheme - Raccantodi Radolfo (Rudolph's Recital, Act I - Enrico Caruso
- Out in an Automobile - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dearie - George Alexander