Sunday 1 July 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 1, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Estée Lauder and Edward Lansing Gordon Jr.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1906!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1906 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Estée Lauder: American businesswoman co-founded the Estée Lauder Companies (d. 2004).
- Edward Lansing Gordon Jr: Jackson, Mississippi -- Long jumper (1932 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Frank Parker: NYC, New York -- Actor (Shawn-Days of our Life).
- Anthony Mann: Actor.
- Estee Lauder: American entrepreneur (d. 2004).
- Jean Dieudonné: French mathematician and academic (d. 1992).
- Jean Dieudonne: French mathematician (d. 1992).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1906 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Forza Del Destino - Solenne in Quest 'Ora (Swear in This Hour) - Enrico Caruso
- American Fantasie - Arthur Pryor's Band
- La Forza Del Destino - Solenne In Quest' Ora (Swear in This Hour) - Antonio Scotti
- Sunday School Picnic at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- When the Roll is Called Up Yonder - Haydn Quartet
- On the Rocky Road to Dublin - Vess Ossman
- My Lovin' Henry - Ada Jones