Wednesday 11 July 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Von Zell Indianapolis Indiana and Georges Blond.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1906!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1906 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Harry Von Zell Indianapolis Indiana: USA; TV announcer (Burns and Allen).
- Georges Blond: French naval engineer and writer.
- Herbert Wehner: German journalist and politician, Federal Minister of Intra-German Relations from 1966 to 1969.
- The Gillette-Brown murder inspires Theodore Dreiser's An American Tragedy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 July 1906
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Want What I Want When I Want It - Frank Stanley
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?