Wednesday July 11, 1906
US date format: 7/11/1906, UK date format: 11/7/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Harry Von Zell Indianapolis Indiana and Georges Blond.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1906?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- The Gillette-Brown murder inspires Theodore Dreiser's An American Tragedy.