Monday 2 July 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Webb and Robert Levine Sanders.
while Jane Cable by George Barr McCutcheon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1906!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1906 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Alan Webb: Actor (King Lear, Taming of Shrew, Challenge of Lassie).
- Robert Levine Sanders: Composer.
- Hans Bethe: German-American physicist, famous for his research into the energy and formation of stars.
- Séra Martin: French field and track athlete, runner and winner of the Olympic Gold Medal in the 800m race in Amsterdam in 1928 and in Los Angeles in 1932.
- Seraphin Martin: France sport Champion.
- Christos Tsaganeas: Romanian-Greek actor and cinematographer (d. 1976)
- Yanks win by forfeit, for their 1st time
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1906 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- On the Rocky Road to Dublin - Vess Ossman
- My Lovin' Henry - Ada Jones
- American Fantasie - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Sunday School Picnic at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- Forza Del Destino - Solenne in Quest 'Ora (Swear in This Hour) - Enrico Caruso
- La Forza Del Destino - Solenne In Quest' Ora (Swear in This Hour) - Antonio Scotti
- When the Roll is Called Up Yonder - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?