Monday 2 July 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Séra Martin and Hans Bethe.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1906!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1906 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Séra Martin: French field and track athlete, runner and winner of the Olympic Gold Medal in the 800m race in Amsterdam in 1928 and in Los Angeles in 1932.
- Hans Bethe: German-American physicist, famous for his research into the energy and formation of stars.
- Alan Webb: Actor (King Lear, Taming of Shrew, Challenge of Lassie).
- Robert Levine Sanders: Composer.
- Seraphin Martin: France sport Champion.
- Christos Tsaganeas: Romanian-Greek actor and cinematographer (d. 1976).
- Yanks win by forfeit, for their 1st time