Saturday 28 June 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 28, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anny Duperey and Christine Deviers-Joncour.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1947 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Anny Duperey: French stage, film and television actress and best-selling author.
- Christine Deviers-Joncour
- Eugène Green
- Mark Helprin: American author of "A Winter's Tale," published in 1984.
- Mark Clark: American black power activist (d. 1969).
- Patrick Kincaid: Who wrote the TODAY program; send him a card.
- Laura Tyson: American economist and academic.
- Robert Bondi: American politician.
- Clarissa Dickson Wright: English celebrity chef.
- Annie Duperrey: Rouen Actor.
- Stanislav K Neumann: Czech Poet (Anti-Guide), dies at 72.
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) by Red Ingle with Jo Stafford hits #1
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark