Saturday 28 June 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Kincaid and Robert Bondi.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1947 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Patrick Kincaid: Who wrote the TODAY program; send him a card.
- Robert Bondi: American politician.
- Clarissa Dickson Wright: English celebrity chef.
- Anny Duperey: French stage, film and television actress and best-selling author.
- Mark Helprin: American author of "A Winter's Tale," published in 1984.
- Annie Duperrey: Rouen Actor
- Mark Clark: American black power activist (d. 1969)
- Laura Tyson: American economist and academic
- Stanislav K Neumann: Czech Poet (Anti-Guide), dies at 72.
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) by Red Ingle with Jo Stafford hits #1
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?