Thursday 28 March 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 28, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Russell Banks and Kevin Loughery.
Dark Command, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1940 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Russell Banks: American writer who dedicated his sixth novel, "Affliction," to his dad, a pipe fitter who died in 1979.
- Kevin Loughery
- Tony Barber: English-born Australian radio and television personality, a game show host and singer.
- Yves Bérubé: Canadian engineer and politician (d. 1993).
- J Michael Plumb: Islip, New York -- Equestrian (1976, 84 Olympics - 2 Gold / 4 Silver Medals).
- Martin Neary: English organist and conductor.
- Luis Cubilla: Uruguayan footballer and coach (d. 2013).
- Kevin Loughery NBA star/coach (Baltimore: Philadelphia).