Wednesday 28 October 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jonas Salk and Richard Laurence Millington Synge.
His Musical Career, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1914 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jonas Salk: American scientist, immunologist, biologist, and bacteriologist.
- Richard Laurence Millington Synge: English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994).
- Adolf Pittschellis: Germany Military man.
- Dylan Thomas: Poet.
- Glenn Davis: American lieutenant and politician (d. 1988).
- Richard Synge: English biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994).
- Kurt Weitkamp: Germany Actor.
- Richard Heuberger: Austrian composer, music critic and teacher (Born 1850).
- German battle cruiser Goeben enters Black Sea
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, founded at Howard University, incorporates.
- World War I ampndash Battle of Penang, Malaya: The German cruiser ''Emden'' sinks a Russian cruiser and French destroyer before escaping.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - Manuel Romain
- The Old Homestead - Prince's Orchestra
- Dear Love Days - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell & Will Oakland