Wednesday 28 October 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Laurence Millington Synge and Jonas Salk.
Salomy Jane, directed by Lucius Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1914 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Richard Laurence Millington Synge: English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994).
- Jonas Salk: American scientist, immunologist, biologist, and bacteriologist.
- Adolf Pittschellis: Germany Military man.
- Kurt Weitkamp: Germany Actor.
- Glenn Davis: American lieutenant and politician (d. 1988).
- Richard Synge: English biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994)
- Richard Heuberger: Austrian composer, music critic and teacher (Born 1850).
- German battle cruiser Goeben enters Black Sea
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, founded at Howard University, incorporates.
- World War I ampndash Battle of Penang, Malaya: The German cruiser ''Emden'' sinks a Russian cruiser and French destroyer before escaping.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Whistling Coquette - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Can't You Hear Me Calling, Caroline? - George MacFarlane
- John McCormack - Good-Bye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?