Sunday 28 October 1956US date format: 10/28/1956, UK date format: 28/10/1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 28, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Didier Bénureau.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Death of a Scoundrel, directed by Charles Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Unicorn And Other Poems by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1956 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: Iranian politician.
- Didier Bénureau
- Franky Vercauteren
- Frankie Vercauteren: Belgian soccer football player with the...
- Dave Wyndorf: American singer-songwriter and guitarist...
- Volker Zotz: Austrian philosopher scholar and author.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Luctuosissimi eventus
Sport Games on 28 October 1956
- Chicago Bears - San Francisco 49ers : 38 - 21
- Detroit Lions - Los Angeles Rams : 16 - 7
- Green Bay Packers - Baltimore Colts : 21 - 28
- Philadelphia Eagles - New York Giants : 3 - 20
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?