Monday 28 September 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Clémenti and Tim Maia.
Eyes in the Night, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1942 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Pierre Clémenti: French actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Tim Maia: Brazilian singer-songwriter (d. 1998).
- Pierre Clementi: French actor (d. 1999).
- Grant Jackson: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Philadelphia Phillies (1965–1970), Baltimore Orioles (1971–1976), New York Yankees (1976), Pittsburgh Pirates (1977–1981), Montreal Expos (1981), Kansas City Royals (1982), and Pittsburgh Pirates (1982).
- Arthur Blank: Businessman.
- : American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2006).
- Marshall Bell: American actor.
- Grant "Mudcat" Jackson: Pitcher (1972 New York Yankees, Phillies).
- Luftwaffe bombs Stalingrad
- New York Americans NHL team folds.