Friday 29 August 1941US date format: 8/29/1941, UK date format: 29/8/1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 29, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Ole Ritter and Edward Sels.
Ladies in Retirement, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1941 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Ole Ritter
- Edward Sels: Belgium sport Champion.
- Robin Leach: London, England -- TV host (Life Styles...
- German Einsatzkommando in Russia kills 1,469 Jewish children