Saturday 29 December 1923US date format: 12/29/1923, UK date format: 29/12/1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Sheppard (physician) and Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat.
Home Again, directed by Hallie Meyers-Shyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1923 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Sam Sheppard (physician)
- Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat: French mathematician and physicist.
- Alvin L Fast
- Morton Estrin: American pianist and educator.
- Alvin Fast: American film maker and promoter of beauty contests and talent shows, a screenwriter and minor journalist writing for The Hollywood Reporter.
- Shlomo Venezia: Greek-Italian holocaust survivor and author (d. 2012).
- Dina Merrill: American actress and businesswoman.
- Sam Sheppard: American physician who was accused of murdering his wife in her own bed on 7/04/1954.
- Cheikh Diop: Senegalese historian anthropologist and physicist (d. 1986).
- Vladimir K. Zworykin files his first patent (in the United States) for quottelevision systemsquot.
- At the International Police Conference in Vienna, the International Criminal Police (Interpol) is set up.
- The Hoda Cha'arawi Association (formerly The Egyptian Feminist Union) is established in Egypt.
- Police strike in Australia.
- The American Law Institute is established.
- The Moderation League of New York becomes part of the movement for the repeal of prohibition in the United States.
- Marcel Duchamp's artwork ''The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors, Even'' (''La mariée mise à nu par ses célibataires, même'' or ''The Large Glass'') is completed in the United States.
- Rainbow trout introduced into the upper Firehole River in Yellowstone National Park, US.
- Struggling for a foothold in southern China, Sun Yatsen decides to ally his Nationalist party or Guomindang (Kuomintang) with the Communist Third International and Chinese Communist Party.