Tuesday 29 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Trubshaw and Gregson.
Woman to Woman, directed by Graham Cutts, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1924 ?
- Brian Trubshaw: British test pilot.
- Gregson: Lord.
- Marcelle Ferron: French-Canadian painter and stained glass artist (d. 2001).
- Josef Goreux: Belgian boxer, a welterweight, he won three bouts and lost 10 in the years 1946-1949.
- Dorothy Malone: American actress who played bit parts from 1943, moving into major leads by the mid-'50s, capturing the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for "Written on the Wind" in 1954.
- Arthur Newman: American brother of actor Paul Newman, as well as his business manager. He was seen on a TV ad in October, 1987, as well as in magazine ads .
- Luigi Nono: Italian composer, one of the founders and main representatives of serial music. Nono was an extreme socialist. He was married; two kids.
- Peter Voulkos: American artist of Greek descent. He is known for his Abstract Expressionist ceramic sculptures, which crossed the traditional divide between ceramic crafts and fine art. He died on 16 February 2002.
- Joseph Goreux: Belgium sport Champion
- Joseph Ludwig: Composer, dies at 79.
- Ice cream cone rolling machine patented by Carl Taylor, Cleveland, Ohio.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 January 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?