Tuesday 29 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 29, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luigi Nono and Arthur Newman.
The Morning After, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1924 ?
- Luigi Nono: Italian composer (Born 1924).
- Arthur Newman: American brother of actor Paul Newman, as well as his business manager.
- Peter Voulkos: American artist of Greek descent.
- Josef Goreux: Belgian boxer, a welterweight, he won three bouts and lost 10 in the years 1946-1949.
- Dorothy Malone: American actress who played bit parts from 1943, moving into major leads by the mid-'50s, capturing the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for "Written on the Wind" in 1954.
- Brian Trubshaw: British test pilot.
- Joseph Goreux: Belgium sport Champion.
- Luigi Nono: Italian composer, one of the founders and main representatives of serial music.
- Gregson: Lord.
- Marcelle Ferron: French-Canadian painter and stained glass artist (d. 2001).
- Joseph Ludwig: Composer, dies at 79.
- Ice cream cone rolling machine patented by Carl Taylor, Cleveland, Ohio.