Tuesday 29 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luigi Nono and Arthur Newman.
Woman to Woman, directed by Graham Cutts, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Heirs Apparent by Philip Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 January 1924 ?
- Luigi Nono: Italian composer (Born 1924).
- Arthur Newman: American brother of actor Paul Newman, as well as his business manager.
- Peter Voulkos: American artist of Greek descent.
- Marcelle Ferron: French-Canadian painter and stained glass artist (d. 2001).
- Josef Goreux: Belgian boxer, a welterweight, he won three bouts and lost 10 in the years 1946-1949.
- Dorothy Malone: American actress who played bit parts from 1943, moving into major leads by the mid-'50s, capturing the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for "Written on the Wind" in 1954.
- Luigi Nono: Italian composer, one of the founders and main representatives of serial music.
- Joseph Goreux: Belgium sport Champion.
- Brian Trubshaw: British test pilot.
- Gregson: Lord.
- Joseph Ludwig: Composer, dies at 79.
- Ice cream cone rolling machine patented by Carl Taylor, Cleveland, Ohio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?