Wednesday 29 June 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Micky Arison and Dan Dierdorf.
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Mature Mind by Harry Allen Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1949 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Micky Arison: Israeli-American CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines, a specialist in merchandising marketing and freewheeling cruise tycoon.
- Dan Dierdorf: American football player, in 1990 became a TV sports announcer.
- Henri Proglio: French businessman, the Chairman of the Board and CEO of Electricité de France and former CEO of Veolia Environnement.
- Greg Burson: American voice actor (Born 1949).
- Joan Matheu: Spanish anesthesiologist and politician 116th Mayor of Barcelona.
- Ann Veneman: American lawyer and politician 27th United States Secretary of Agriculture
- Themistoklis Sophoulis: Greek politician (Born 1860).
- US troops withdraw from Korea after WW II.
- South Africa begins implementing apartheid; no mixed marriages.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Room Full of Roses - Dick Haymes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?