Wednesday 29 June 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1949). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Proglio and Claude Évin.
Calamity Jane and Sam Bass, directed by George Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Crusade in Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1949
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1949 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Henri Proglio: French businessman, the Chairman of the Board and CEO of Electricité de France and former CEO of Veolia Environnement.
- Claude Évin
- Dan Dierdorf: American football player, in 1990 became a TV sports announcer.
- Joan Matheu: Spanish anesthesiologist and politician 116th Mayor of Barcelona.
- Don Baylor: Coach.
- Ann Veneman: American lawyer and politician 27th United States Secretary of Agriculture.
- Micky Arison: Israeli-American CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines, a specialist in merchandising marketing and freewheeling cruise tycoon.
- Greg Burson: American voice actor (Born 1949).
- Themistoklis Sophoulis: Greek politician (Born 1860).
- US troops withdraw from Korea after WW II.
- South Africa begins implementing apartheid; no mixed marriages.